Old July 12th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Letting it lapse

"gatt" wrote in message

Wizard of Draws wrote:

I think I've come to the conclusion that I will let my IFR rating lapse.
As it stands, I seem to be flying mostly to keep the rating current,
rather
than flying for the enjoyment.

Rather than remaining IFR current, maybe you could do an IFR refresher in
a simulator or with an instructor a couple of times a year, or every
couple of years or whatever.

Since you're not likely to be flying IFR you don't need to remain legally
current, but keeping in touch with those skills will benefit your flying
and would probably allow you to recall them to get you out of an emergency
if something ever happened.

I suspect that the hours you spend flying with your grandson on sunny day
VFR will be worth more than anything else you ever do in an airplane; if
not to you, certainly to him.

Have a great weekend. Your grandson is a lucky boy.

-c

I use mine to make a living...