Old March 15th 04, 10:22 PM
Jon Meyer

At 19:24 15 March 2004, G.Kurek wrote:
And you think that you can find a legitimate company
that will make
LS-4 in the same price range? Where/how do I put down
payment?!!

You missed my point.....If it was an LS4 class you
wouldn't need a new one, you could fly a second hand
one (which you can get for equivalent or cheaper price).
If you wanted a new one then you could pay extra and
have a new one, though I don't understand why you would.
Composite gliders in general have a much longer life
in terms of hours and launches than you would ever
need, and if you want it shiny you can get it re-gelled
in poland pretty cheap (or even do it yourself).
My point is that designing a new glider for the world
class was a mistake, as was most of the design philosophy
behind the concept. If you want proof then just look
at the number of people that bother buying them/entering
the world class.
I have no problem with people that fly any kind of
glider, I just think that as a one-class contest design
the PW5 was a complete failure, and that a class incorporating
an existing 20ish year old design would have been much
more succesful.
Just my opinion.