Old December 30th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Thomas

Default ASK-21 - is a tail dolly necessary?

we have 5 at LGC, they sit lightly on the tail when
empty, push down on the nose or cockpit rim with 1
hand to lift tail

Pete

At 21:00 30 December 2007, Dave Springford wrote:
My club is buying a K-21 for student training and I
am wondering if a
tail dolly is necessary for ground handling?

We plan to get the tail wheel option - not the tail
skid.

Does the K21 balance like the Twin Astir so it is easy
to turn on the
ground when towing it back to the launch point?

When empty, does it sit on the main and tail wheel,
or main and nose
wheel.

Anyone with experience operating a K-21 please advise

thanks,

Dave Springford