Old April 26th 05, 07:26 AM
G. Sylvester

Jens Krueger wrote:
you won't believe how many US Airline Pilots weren't
familiar with the term line-up and wait. ;-)
But you can say one thing about Yankspeak: It's very efficient.

hehehehe. German is VERY efficient as it usually only takes
one 'word' compared to many in other languages. for instance,
here are some words from a letter I had to write about the
taxes I had to pay when I lived in Germany.

sozialversicherungspflichtig
Progressionsvorbehaltsberechnung
Einkommensteuergesetzes

think about it, "Cherokee four one niner zulu tango, six
miles northeast of FUBAR, maintain three thousand until established on
the final approach corridor, cleared for the Sacramento Executive
two-niner right approach" simply gets shortened to a single word.

Gerald