Old March 25th 05, 10:22 AM

I gotta agree with you here. In practice, I would ignore LVT, and
identify TANDS with BNA and DME. If I didn't have a DME, then I would
use BNA and LVT radials. Of course, in *real* reality, I would use GPS
in OBS mode, and plot the inbound leg of the hold.

The context of the question in IFRR presumes you are flying the missed approach
using conventional ground-based nav.

If you had a GPS, though, and had the ILS approach loaded from the database,
after the MAP you would have to use the flight-plan (TF leg) mode of the GPS
until TANDS, then the OBS mode at TANDS to hold.