Old July 30th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Oshkosh: Kiwi launches $130,000 jetpack: Up, up and away

"Morgans" wrote

I applaud the achievements of him and his machine, but have to wonder why
he has not taken the next step.

After reading what I wrote, I fear it may come off as being insensitive.

I do understand the need to proceed carefully, as to keep from getting
someone killed, since a flying machine like this has a flight envelope that
would be very unforgiving of a mechanical failure at some points in
transition.

I was just voicing puzzlement, and wondering what the technical difficulties
are in achieving controlled hover, and when the time is right, transition to
flying at much higher altitudes and speeds.

Oh, and when the jetpack (bad name, IMHO) is fully functional, if someone
gives me the purchase price (like that's gonna happen ;-) ) put my name on
the waiting list to buy one! g
--
Jim in NC