Old July 9th 18, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Top Hat Question (XCSoar?)

Thanks Chip. I second your request. Specifically: after I manually switch from (auto-entered) circling screen to cruise screen I want to be able to manually go back to the circling screen. Robert Dunning has made other changes to Tophat by request before, hopefully he'll do it again. And Thank You Robert for this nice software!

I agree, Rob Dunning has been great, helping push through a number of changes I asked about in the two years since I started using Top Hat. I wasn't sure this latest one required a software change; I thought I might just not have configured it properly, that everyone else was already flying around with this feature.

But it appears not (please show me I'm wrong!!!). From my perspective, the change isn't significant: i.e., just autoswitch between cruise and climb--as occurs now--while retaining the user's most recent zoom levels for each screen--which doesn't appear to occur now (the same zoom level is used for both screens). I had thought the Distinct Zoom feature--which presumably changed zoom to a screen-level rather than a global parameter--took care of this but that appears to be true only for manually switched screens, not autoswitching.

Chip Bearden