Old June 7th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default negative dihedral

On Jun 6, 7:14 pm, "Blueskies" wrote:
"Tina" wrote in ...
With all of the expert* pilots here, why would bombs on the top of the
wings be a problem? Go inverted, much better visibility toward the
ground then, right? Then release, they'll fall away.

*Expert: you have to take the word into its component parts: Ex is a
has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

Which way is up?

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/a...-solo_1024.jpg

Our airplane says no more than 30 degree pitch and 60 degree bank, so
we would not be putting bombs on the top of our wings. As for up? Who
here could you ask for reliable directions "Can you show me the way to
up, please?" That actually does raise some interesting questions --
it's far to subtle to matter to airplane flight, but I wonder how
accurately "up" can be measured, and how big is the average absolute
error compared to something starting at the exact center of the earth.
For that matter, how would you find the exact center?