Old May 9th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Skyhawk vs. Mooney

On May 8, 12:00 pm, Dave Butler wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
3) Also, if you fly more than 100 hours a year, you will end up having
to do an annual every 100 hours. There is an AD that requires all
flight control connections and gear sections to be lubed every 100
hours.

What AD is that? I'm not aware of that. Is it model-specific?

The only ones on my list a
inspection of fuel injector fuel lines required by AD 2002-26-01
inspection of Bendix magneto ignition switch required by AD 76-07-12
inspection of Bendix magneto impulse coupling required by AD 96-12-07

Dave

I've got the records at home so I can send you the AD that requires
the lube. Its all Mooneys between C and K I believe.The title of the
AD actually makes it sound like you just have to check the tension on
the landing gear but when you read it it also says you need to lube
the entire system and the flight control systems (which requires
access through out the belly and much of the wings, which is about 400
screws for me).

The fuel injector AD is no more as I recall. Its been updated to only
be annual. I don't have the mag AD because I have a blue dot on the
back of my switch. That AD says it can be signed by a private pilot
though. I have slick mags so I don't have much in the way of ADs for
that.

-Robert