Old December 2nd 05, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default GPS and old-fashioned thinking?

"G Farris" wrote in message
With all these questions about how to integrate GPS into our everyday
operations, I'm tempted to believe we have allowed the advent of this
wonderful new technology to send our thinking back to the dark ages!

I think the only problem with GPS is the human interface. We need either a
full keyboard input by keyboard or touch screen or they have to transition
them to voice activated, such as, Being able to just speak: "GPS - Direct
to - Kilo - Romeo - Victor - Bravo - Approach - ILS - One - Three" Then
there will be little to no heads down. For now I'd take the keyboard.

Kobra