Old July 8th 03, 09:48 PM
Jay Honeck

I discussed this in detail with the Lightspeed engineer. DH, who has
extensive training in fire hazard prevention, concurs. Of course, there
can always be some combination of factors which lead to a different
result.

This is good to know -- thanks!

However, I would make sure you don't place it somewhere which might
melt and cost you time and $$. For example, we've been securing our
20K and 25XL battery boxes with velcro (sewn to the plane interior,
glued to the battery box). This is gonna stop, because velcro melts
at rather low temperature and melted velcro would trash my interior
panels.

I've spent over $1000 with LightSpeed, and I sure don't expect their
headsets to melt down in my airplane.

Of course, I didn't expect to return all three pair for multiple repairs,
either.

I am buying our fourth ANR headset at OSH 2003 later this month. It most
certainly will NOT be Lightspeed brand.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

A fabric pocket should actually be a good place, provided the fabric
meets standard aircraft flammability tests.

Cheers,
Sydney

This is, indeed, a "crisis" of quality control, in my opinion. And, as

have repeatedly stated in the past, is truly a shame, as we absolutely,
positively LOVE our Lightspeed headsets.