Old October 29th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On 29 Oct, 02:35, Dudley Henriques wrote:
On Oct 28, 5:49*pm, "Neil Gould" wrote:

I feel for these guys, but their lack of judgement in this incident is
inexcusable, and apparently the FAA came to the same conclusion.

--
Neil

I agree. This incident included several career ending actions even
before you get into WHAT they were doing to cause the actions in
question and the FAA was perfectly justified in lifting the two
certificates. In this business there exists an environment concerning
safety that allows no "first time offenses" in the area these two
pilots were operating. You commit *offenses in the category involved
here and you are justifiably history.
Dudley Henriques

Quite. Skeptics need only remind themselves of the name of Nick
Tafuri, a cove with 13k+ flying hours who committed a somewhat
elementary error and didn't live long enough (nor did 160 others) for
the FAA to revoke or take any other action on his license.

The DGCA in India has a rule of requiring every pilot to get himself
re-certified on the sim each year. When I first heard about it, I
thought it utterly loopy since it applied to even those pilots who
were flying daily and those that had 10k flying hours... I'm not as
sure now!

Ramapriya