Old February 29th 16, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default e Reader options for xc soar?

If you want 100% reliability guaranteed...don't use a kobo, or XC soar or top hat. The hardware, software, and installations are all "experimental" and subject to "issues".

snip

Cookie

Following that logic, should we not fly "experimental" gliders? I've
been using one of those cheap, experimental hardware platforms with
experimental software (XCSoar) for years without as many "issues" as I
read about regarding the higher priced solutions.

The so-called experimental hardware was created, you will recall, with
the entire world as a market, not just a hand full of glider pilots. I
would, therefore, expect its reliability to be considerably higher.

YMMV
--
Dan, 5J