Old July 19th 05, 03:32 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message

When the originating controller puts your flight plan into the HOST
computer, I think that the computer checks it against stuff that is in its
memory to insure that the proposed flight is doable and meets regulatory
requirements. I do not believe that the HOST computer polls facilities
along the route to ask if they can handle the flight.

The computer isn't that fussy. Each host computer processes only to the
first fix outside it's ARTCC. As long as it's a good route up to that point
the computer is happy. You can file below the MEA or even below the ground
and the computer won't care.