Old July 7th 03, 01:30 AM
Gordon

I suppose that I (and other Me-262 fans) are overwhelmed by its good
looks.

I think my fascination with it, and the Mosquito, were that they both were the
best each respective nation could field during the conflict. No other aircraft
over Europe, on their own, caused as much consternation among their foes or
brought as much terror to their intended targets. Goebbels mentions the hated
Mosquito in every diary entry he made in the last three months of his life,
with few exceptions. The RAF and many US heavy bomber crews were mortified
when they came under Me 262 attack. "Turbos" and Mossies raised the bar and
looked damned impressive while doing it.

v/r
Gordon