Old February 23rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Default Intercom question

Jonathan,

Thomas, you seem to be a perpetual presence in every thread having to do
with headsets or hearing protection while flying.

Yep. I'm simply interested in the topic.

Not only do you
appear to have some undisclosed personal interest in promoting
LIghtSpeed headsets,

Nope. I simply like mine. I also like what the company brought to the
market - innovation at a low price. That's a fact I'd like to see disputed.
My wife has a pilot shop selling several brands of headsets. Lightspeeds
are currently not sold in Germany. They were, though.

but you continue to lead folks to believe that ANR
headsets somehow contribute to "preserving" their hearing over passive
attenuation sets.

Nope. I just point to the facts as known, including the well known and
supported fact that ANR for many frequencies will lower the audio pressure
a microphone positioned at the point where your ear would be while wearing
the headset is subjected to. Whether or not that preserves your hearing I
have not said. You may quote any statement you have seen me make saying
anything remotely like you claim above.

I have never witnessed anyone else cite any
applicable, peer-reviewed, clinical studies that show any benefit to ANR
for hearing protection.

So what? I have not seen you cite evidence to the contrary.

What I have seen is your being a perpetual presence in every thread having
to do with headsets or hearing protection while flying. You appear to have
some undisclosed axe to grind against ANR. You continue to lead folks to
believe that ANR headsets somehow do NOT contribute to lowering noise for
the wearer of the headset.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)