Old June 17th 04, 07:47 AM
Bruce Greeff

Greg Arnold wrote:

I had some questions for Filser on my LX5000 but was told to read the
manual
wich I did not understand. LXnavigation was much more supportive and
usefull.
Gilles

Can someone explain the relationship between Filser and LX? Who does
what? Does one of them design the instruments and the other build them?

LX Designs and builds the LX range of instruments. Filser markets them, and
presumably gives the German support.

I think this may have been expedient when Slovenia was less than politically
acceptible.

My experiences lead me to believe that Filser are really not interested in the
world outside Germany. Apart from occasionally getting exasperated at my antics
with a LX20 that had its backup battery fail, LX support has been flawless.
Sometimes their language use is different enough to make one wonder, but their
actions have been exemplary.

One of their technical types even came past my house in South Africa when he was
visiting to fly in last years Nationals to sort out a firmware problem.