Old February 16th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Default Flight Review in a turbo twin

You do have a fair point and concern. Can it wait for summer?

Here is what I do. Don't do rapid power changes. If I will be simulating
an engine out, pull back slowly. and leave a little on to simulate
feather. If I need more power to keep it warm, drop down some flaps.

As far as your turbo worries go, I would think they will be okay. Unless
you don't allow them to spool down before shutting down.

But there are no guarantees about anything. It's always your call.]

John

chad wrote:
I own a turbo Cessna 310 and I'm wondering if other turbo twin owners
do their biennial flight review in their aircraft. Is single engine
work required for a flight review if done in a twin? I'm concered
that doing the review in my aircraft may be hard on the engines,
specifically the turbos. Would I be better off to just rent a single
engine for the review?