Old February 6th 05, 02:35 AM
Blueskies

"George A. Graham" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 wrote:

It IS plexiglas-

I made mine (windows and website)

1. make a structure the shape of the window. Mine was wood scraps,
holding thin aluminum sheet bent to shape.

2. Cover the form with felt.

3. Place plexiglass on top of form into an oven (I made that also).

4. Heat slowly until the plastic softens and drapes over the form.
The temp will be about 300 deg F.

5. Cool slowly, sudden temp changes warp it.

6. Finish cut to size when happy with the shape.

I found the instructions in a book titled "Making Props", which
I thought was about propellers, but was instead about theater props.

George Graham
RX-7 Powered Graham-EZ, N4449E
Homepage http://bfn.org/~ca266

Details about the oven? Way back when I formed plexi after heating in a box with about 4 light bulbs...