Old December 28th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Default IFR Cancellation Question

Jose wrote:

Maybe? I'd like to hear that tape.

Maybe. The rules can change, and I might not be aware of such a change.

Actually now that I think about it we have had the approach controller
clear an aircraft to land. Approach tells aircraft to contact tower.
He never does. On real short final tower calls down and tells approach
controller to clear him to land. Guy probably never makes that mistake
again. Another way to get the point across is to let the guy land
without a clearance and then have the approach controller tell him where
to turn off and contact ground. He'll know then. There have been tower
radio problems and we have just had the tower controller tell the
approach controller over the landline to tell the pilot cleared to land.