Old January 4th 05, 07:21 PM
Casey Wilson

In a past life, I was issued a couple pair of "official" military flight
gloves. The green Nomex kind with the thin, soft leather palms. The gloves,
and the Nomex long-johns, were considered expendable and handed back to me
when I turned in the rest of my flight gear.
The palms of the gloves show some wear and tear -- little nicks here and
there in the leather -- but are otherwise serviceable. I can push any
button, flip any switch, and turn any knob on the instrument panel while
wearing them. In the cockpit they are reasonably warm. Outside, in wind,
they need additional help. I don't frequent surplus stores, but if you can
find a pair of those gloves they are my reccomendation.