Old May 15th 11, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default new Soaring article

I'm sorry you have taken offense. My comment was not an attack on you; it
was a comment about everyone's experience. George Moffat lamented the
passing of those days when navigational skills without use of GPS were as
important to winning races as the weather judgment skills. Until you or I
become as fluent as he was using that system we cannot appreciate the
subtleties and enjoyment of them that he gave up by accepting GPS.

You CAN experience that, of course, if you take the time to do all the
flying he did using only the equipment he used. Until you do that you
cannot say he has lost nothing because you don't know what it was.
Possibly George himself could not articulate all of it.

Best,

Nyal

At 04:08 15 May 2011, noel.wade wrote:
Nyal -

Who are YOU to judge what I can and cannot experience, and what beauty
I can or cannot appreciate? Do you have a private window into my soul
or my brain?

I reject your notion that I am unable to appreciate things simply
because I am of a different age or did not experience things the same
way you did.

--Noel