Old October 14th 04, 06:38 PM
Roger

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:12:23 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:10:10 -0400, "Striker Cat"
. . .specifically looking for solid copper, 26 gauge

The original "zip cord" was a brown, parallel pair of wires. It was
commonly used on table lamps, floor lamps, and small electrical
appliances such as radios. it came in a wide range of gauges from
around 16 gauge through the heavy 10 gauge.

Roger.........

I think he's looking for single strand "telephone" wire - not lamp cord.

Quite possibly and he did specify 26 solid, but he asked for "zip
cord" and several of the examples are heavy stranded cables such as
speaker wire. Now days you find "speaker wire" that could darn near
be used for jumper cables. :-)) I think even Radio Shack carries it
in #6 or 8 and that is some hefty cable.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Rich S.