Old February 5th 09, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default Lowrance 2000C

Mike wrote:
"texas slacker" wrote in message

Progress Report: I have had this unit for about 2 years, replacing
a Garmin portable that I had for about 12 years. The Lowrance was
cheaper.
The unit developed a problem in the first 3-4 months, I called
Lowrance, (tolerable wait on the phone) confirmed the problem and
shipped it back to them.
Just recently it developed another problem (sometimes the "enter"
button works, sometimes it doesn't) and I called Lowrance. This time
I spent 2 hours waiting to talk to a rep. No joy. I have to talk to a
rep to get a return authorization. Now I am checked. I guess I will
wait a few days and try again.
Had to get it off my chest. Slacker

I've had similar problems with Lowrance customer "service" which is
practically non-existent. That's one of the reasons why I'm glad I
switched back to Garmin.

I just exchanged a Garmin unit and had no problems whatsoever. Just 15
minutes or so on the phone with a Garmin rep diagnosing the problem,
shipped the unit back to Garmin, and got a replacement shipped back all
within a week.

I bought one last year for a good price.
It lost all satellites on a long cross country and couldn't reacquire
for 20 minutes. I pulled my old Airmap 300 out and continued on until it
started to work again.
I tried everything to get it to see satellites again including pulling
the batteries.
Hasn't happened since, but I've only put about 15 hours on it.
I didn't send it back since I couldn't replicate the problem.

Dave