Old June 19th 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gaetan Trudel

Default LX 5000

On 19 juin, 08:45, Dan wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:03*pm, Gaetan Trudel wrote:

Hi
My new laptop with Window VISTA will not communicate with my LX 5000
with a serial/USB adapter.
Can someone help!
Thank you
Gilles

Hi Gilles- I assume you have the latest serial/usb converter drivers;
you might also want to check:

• Close all other applications that may be using the PC com port
(Active Sync is a well known culprit.)
• Check cable and connector
• Disconnect all other units that may be connected to another COM port
(LX 20, Colibri, PDA)
• Check the com speed on both units which should be the same

With newer laptops, I've had to decrease the com speed on the laptop
end - they are much quicker than the nav computer, and the mis-match
causes no communication. I have had different success on my laptop on
different usb ports - some are powered, some aren't, and that makes a
difference (no indication in the the laptop manual, and a long time
with tech spt to find out).

Could you communicate with the lx with an older laptop?
Does someone else at the field have a vista laptop that works (or
doesn't) - this will help troubleshooting.

Latest version of software - if you're using LXe (or SeeYou, StrePla,
etc) - that works with vista.

Dan

Hi
Because my exchange date is up on the serial/USb adapter I have return
it.
Now I am looking for info on a serial /usb adapter that work with
window vista and lx 5000. Must be one that work ?
Please send name, modell or number...etc.
Regards
Gilles