Old May 4th 04, 11:01 PM
dave

Default mitchell autopilot

Hello, I have a 59 Bellanca Cruisemaster that has a Mitchell Executive
autopilot in it. To engage the autopilot, you push in a knob on the
left side of the panel just left of the vsi and below the ai. When
engaged it would roll left at about a 20 degree bank, so I adjusted
the autopilot trim knob to the right of the dg and that seems to
almost get it to fly the plane straight & level. The heading bug
doesn't seem to be working at all, does anyone know of a shop that
will work on something this old, or should I just consider myself
lucky that it even works this well? The plane is @ 4A0 just SE of ATL.

Thanks,
David