Old October 24th 08, 03:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
James R. Jones

Default Picture of a plane and a question about Mozilla Thunderbird

Pensacola Beachcomber wrote:
I've installed Mozilla Thunderbird and am having no problems reading the
posts to this newsgroup.

When I was using Outlook Express I could go to Tools - Options -
Maintenance - Clean up now to delete all of the headers and messages
that had built up in each newsgroup. It freed up space on my hard drive.

How can I do the same thing in Thunderbird? I can't find the equivalent
actions.

First Right click the News Server item in the tree view in the left hand
pane, click properties, go down to the News Server area and expand it if
necessary then click Offline & Disk Space click the box always delete
read messages. This will always delete all read message when a group you
are reading is closed.

If you want to delete all of them at once, like when you are trying to
get the counters up to date, point at the newsgroup that you want to
delete messages from in the Tree view in the left hand pane and right
click it, you can click mark newsgroup read. It will mark all items read
that are now loaded into your system.

Hope that Helps

Jim