Old September 10th 04, 06:29 PM
Steve R.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message news
On 10 Sep 2004 14:34:40 GMT, (Davdirect) wrote:
Tried to keep it up yesterday. Unfortunately, the ship I was
scheduled in was down for a maintenance check.

You seem to get catching a lot of those lately! ;-)

Someone earlier in the
day overspeeded (is that a word? eheh) either the engine or the rotor
system so the A&Ps were crawling all over it check it out. (Checked
out ok)

That's good. I would think an overspeed would include both the engine and
rotor system. Personally, I wouldn't care "as" much about the engine. You
eat a valve, engine quits, autorotate. Depending on "where" that happens it
shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if you're sticking to the
height/velocity charts like you're supposed to. Throw a rotor blade however
............ :-O I bet it increased the pucker factor for whomever was
flying it at the time though! :-)

I could have snuck in about .5 before my block was over, but
decided to just shine the session and wait for next week. Looks like
I'm up for 3 flights next week and possibly more. (I told my
instructor that since ground school ended last Friday - got a 97% on
my final! - I'd like to fly 7 days/week. ehehhe)

97! Not bad, Congratulations!

I bet you're glad that's over with. :-)

Should have another installment on Monday night. (and another on
Wednesday and another on Friday)

Great! I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow morning and should be back by
Friday or Saturday of next week. I look forward to reading how everything
went.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.