Old December 19th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave J

Default Another IFR Haiku

On Dec 18, 8:27 pm, Andrew Sarangan wrote:
On Dec 16, 2:57 am, "Hilton" wrote:

Jim,

FWIW: I put time first. Why? For "Turn, Time...", I have to remember to
start the time during/after the turn. But when using "Time, Turn..." I put
my finger on the start button, and as soon as I hit the fix, I hit the
Start - bingo one less thing to remember and more accurate timing too.

As an aside, it is consistent with all approaches; i.e. yes, I time an ILS
because I want to and because my timing is automatic when I cross the fix -
same procedure for all. I never meant to move this thread into a "Do you
time the ILS?", so let 's not.

Hilton

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

I never learned the 5T's (or 4T's) and don't teach, and don't
understand it either. Is it to remember the sequence or the actions
themselves?

Now see, this makes me feel better.

-- dave j