Old July 13th 04, 01:25 AM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:59:19 -0400, Rich wrote:

Hey! Hey! Hey!
Don't nobody go around saying that _I_ fly a Debonair!

No, Now... Let's not confuse such a modern design as the Deb with an
antique! :-)) I mean, you're compairing a 1947 design to a 1959
design, even if it is the same airplane with a different empenage.
They even call mine a 35-33

OTOH Frank's 49 makes my 59 look positively modern.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I fly a gen you wine "V" tail! (My third one!)

Bonanza parts _are_ expensive... but sturdier than most other brand "P"
and "C" parts. Therein lies the Bonanza curse. Things last so long
that people successfully forego maintenance for a long while because
"it's still working pretty good"... and then it finally goes out of
serviceable tolerance and you have to buy the $109 bushing (or eight of
them in the main landing gear scissors) that you wouldn't pay 69 cents
for at Ace Hardware. Lots of older used Bonanzas are at that point in
their service life.

Rich

Frank Stutzman wrote:
{sorry I've lost track of the attributions}

[ I think this is Rich Hare talking about his Debonair ]
The tail cone should always be removed for annual. However, the fittings
back there are significantly different between the bonanza and the
Debonair.