Old August 8th 03, 02:25 AM
Cecil E. Chapman

Cecil - note that your customer is indeed covered when you fly his plane,
you are not. So if you wreck it your customer will be paid in full, the

the
insurance company may choose to subrogate you to recover their loss.

I'm not saying don't fly it, but I am saying understand your risk and the
difference between the open pilot clause and being a named insured.

Yikes! I didn't realize that,,, guess that is why I never went to law
school grin. Thank you, seriously, for the info!!!!

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com
"Matthew Waugh" wrote in message
. ..
"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
m...
One of my customers who was a high-level V.P. in a computer software

firm,
is now looking for work (granted he has the blessing of the 'golden
parachute') in the midst of our struggling California economy and

recently
told me that he was having trouble making the time to fly his C-172

enough
and told me that I could fly it and just pay for gas and oil. He showed

me
a copy of his insurance coverage (by the way, who writes those things
geez) and it covers whomever he designates to fly. May take him up on
it...

Mat

--
Matthew Waugh