Old September 11th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
David E. Powell

Default A-4 today

On Sep 10, 5:24*pm, wrote:
On Sep 10, 12:28*pm, "David E. Powell"
wrote:

I was wondeirng, given the NZ government having problems with
Skyhawks, what made them so put off about them? I know they are older,
but the Israelis really modified theirs and they seemed OK with
precision weapons.

Can the A-4 Skyhawk mount Harpoon missiles? If not I would guess that
Penguin or something like that would be doable. With a good mix of
fuel tanks and underwing missiles I could see the A-4 giving the New
Zealanders a good quick-reaction capability over a very good range.

"Israeli Phantoms and Skyhawks were armed with the
Gabriel Mk 3, an active radar-seeking variant of the
Israeli developed anti-ship missile. "

Source:

http://www.global-defence.com/2003/anti_ship.htm

OK. That'll make a dent.....