Old September 24th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
John R. Copeland

Default Are birds IFR?

I've heard of migratory birds being seen *above* clouds,
but I've never heard of them being seen *in* clouds.
Could that be simply because they're hard to see in IMC?
I'm more comfortable hoping they just don't fly there.
I've noticed daytime birds are extremely uncomfortable flying at night.

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message news:IdjRg.335$XX2.284@dukeread04...
Only GOD knows for sure. The FAA sets standards and
procedures for human pilots.

"Kevin Clarke" wrote in message
ink.net...
| Here's a whacky question.
|
| I just flew my 250NM IFR x-ctry. The last leg was IMC,
bouncing along at
| 5000'. So the question I have is, do birds ever fly in the
clouds?

| There are many birds at my home airport (KFIT). I got
enough stuff to
| worry about during an IAP, I'd hate to get a bird strike
then.