Old September 24th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default Are birds IFR?

The first and only time I ever hit a seagull was on the approach to
Paine Field at Everett, Washington from the North. We hit him just
before breaking out so he might have been looking down for visual
guidance, or maybe they can fly IFR. Nevertheless, he scared the
begeezus out of both me and my student.

I also suspect he was fairly young because he didn't do much damage. I
also suspect it was a he because I figure all the shes were on the
ground watching that macho idiot show off.