Old September 26th 18, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default Vintage & Classic Sailplane Camp at Marfa, Texas OCT 12-28, 2018

When visiting me in Marfa for the upcoming "Oktoberfest" Vintage & Classic Sailplane Camp. plan on evening grilling, glorious sunsets and star-gazing in "Burt's Backyard", facing north across the grassy plateau to the Davis Mountains, 30 miles away. I was lucky in 2002 to buy this house (and two guest houses next door) on the very north edge of town with a very deluxe view of the Marfa Plateau and mountains beyond. For photos and more find me as "Burton Compton" on Facebook.

No oil here as under the grasslands is a huge aquifer of water. We sit at 5,000' above sea level, up into the cooler air and low humidity as Marfa is 600 miles west of the Gulf of Mexico. Beautiful Big Bend National Park is 100 miles south. El Paso (ELP) is the nearest airline terminal.

Yes, I fly year-round at Marfa in southwest Texas, giving the FREE checkrides and facilitating the fun but don't wait too long to plan your trip because your "someday" is NOW!
See the visitor information at www.visitmarfa.com