Old January 6th 07, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Raven

Default It's Nice Here .....

"TACAN" wrote in message
Hi Alf
Yes Cerebral Palsy - as you know is a generic label for a great many
conditions.
In my sons's case it has been identified as Leigh's Disease. He is 15yo
and just made it to 22Kg weight - not a good combination. We were told by
a neurologist (he had been comparing past and current MRI brain images)
that whatever we do for him is strictly palliative, ie a terminal
condition - we have been fortunate to get him this far. We have had a
couple of close calls over the years.

Just keep the faith. My sister was diagnosed terminal and not expected to
make it to 13, she disproved all the experts by making it to 22. It's the
quality of life that counts, not the duration.

Nothing wrong with his intellect as far as we know - he is locked into a
body that won't do what he wants it to do. He loves Power Ranger,
Transformers, YuGiHo (one of the current "strange" kids cartoon series).
He enjoys flying as much as his old man :-

That's wonderful. My sister had some intellect problems but sometimes we
wondered if she was actually the smarter one.

http://jens.meinecke.net.au/AngelFlight/AF41.1110/

http://jens.meinecke.net.au/AngelFlight/AF08.209/

Excellent. I have some relo's living/working near Archerfield.

Pls ignore the ugly old coot with the grey beard - Craig was pretty tired
at the time, but was really enjoying the flight.

Excellent!

Cheers for now
Graham

--