Old December 22nd 10, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
A L

Default iPhone or iPad VFR GPS

I am hesitating between buying the iPhone 4 and the iPad (or else?) to
use as a VFR GPS. One of the attractive feature of the iPad is the
larger screen but it is also one of the drawback... Apparently the
iPhone has an internal Gyroscope which the iPad does not have (might be
added on the iPad 2..) but the iPad has apparently better GPS reception.

I will use this primarily for web browsing, in-flight GPS and reading
plates. I would not use this for phone, mp3, etc,.

what is the best purchase?? thanks.