Old October 4th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe[_2_]

Default Subaru 2.0L

oilsardine wrote:

but what if I only can take 120HP (Sonex) anyway? Torque will decrease
from 2500 onwards, see the chart. PSRU is completely unnecessary for
this application.

Yes, but heavy for a sonex... anyway, it may work.

I think we may do a lot with this engine. From 120HP without PSRU till
180HP with PSRU.

about torque and power: diesel engines are limited by torque, not by
RPM. It is possible to keep high torque (maxi torque) for higher rpm
than automotive engine. It's the way used by Thielert on small mercedes
diesel engine. The power jump from 90HP to 135HP.

Keep the torque at 350Nm till 3500 rpm and you got more great power.

I think it is possible to have a very simple electronic engine control
based on rpm, turbo pressure and one sensor per cylinder. You kneed to
shut off the EGR system too.

by
--
Volem rien foutre al païs!