Old September 14th 04, 08:38 AM
tasnvs

If you do a search on Avsin for "aeronca*.*" you will find 3 for 2002

Cheers
"manson" wrote in message
Robert A. Bonda wrote:
How can I add the Citabria 7ECA and Aeronca Champ taildraggers to the
MS FS2002 program?

Since I have never heard of either of those aircraft, I dunno.

A few years ago, I bought microsoft flight simulator 2002 for the
express purpose of learning more about these two tail draggers but my
MSFS2002 only contained the Cessna 172SP Skyhawk, the Cessna C182RG &
C182S Skylane, the Cessna C208 Caravan Amphibian, the Extra 300S, etc.

Yup! But that does not mean that FS2002 does not handle taildraggers.
It does.

I like sitting up front, instructor behind, with nobody to my left or
right to obscure my view. And I like the fact that once you learn to
fly the Citabria or Aeronca tail draggers, the rest of the fleet come
easier. It's somewhat akin to learning to ride first the Harley Road
Glide Screamin' Eagle as your initial bike ... if you learn that ...
your Honda 250 will be a piece of cake.

Right up to the first corner....then....good luck!

The problem is my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 is gathering dust
(because it has no tail draggers) but a friend recently suggested
there is a way to add specific airplanes.

It is possible to "roll your own" aircraft, but way beyond my technical
knowledge to explain how to do it.

The hint that I think you might be looking for, would be to go to some
of the FS sites, like Avsim, and search their libraries. There are
many add-on aircraft available for download. Quite a few of which are,
in fact, tail draggers.

I'm not very MSFS 2002 literate so I ask you, the experts, how I would
go about adding the Citabria 7ECA and Aeronca Champ taildragger
airplane to MS FS 2002.

Try http://www.avsim.com/ go to file library, search the FS2002,
Original Aircraft....and don't bother looking for the Citabria, but you
should find the Aeronca.

regards,
CrazyCam