Old November 29th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Who has priority on a taxiway?

On Nov 29, 12:11 am, Dave S wrote:
Vaughn Simon wrote:

So now the question. Who has priority on a taxiway? Surface traffic or
landing traffic?

Vaughn

Helicopters must avoid the flow of fixed wing traffic at all times.

Dave

Roger that, Dave - The choppers at our field use a right hand pattern
and are careful not to cause hiccups with fixed wing craft who cannot
maneuver like they do...
VAughn, unless the chopper declares he has to land on the taxiway
right now, you just continue on down the taxiway.....

However, at our field the choppers have been told they WILL use the
runway for all takeoff and landing movements and then hover taxi to
their hangar - NO direct takeoff from taxiways and ramps, period!
Even the police and ambulance choppers obey the rule...

denny