Old May 13th 04, 02:47 PM
helopilot

I've owned both the Exec 162F and the B2B. There were many times when
the RW had two adults and 3/4 fuel that it didn't have enough power to
maintain a hover. The RW does not out perform the Brantly in anything.
I liked the RW a lot and put 110 hours on mine. I've flown many times
in the Brantly with 400+ lbs in the cabin and full fuel with no
problems. There is no comparison really. I've also taken the Brantly
to 7100' and still had power to spare. The B2B doesn't struggle at all
to stay in the air. It flies beautifully.

wrote in message ...
I can't say that I have ever flown a Brantly, but here are some specs
from both Rotorway and Brantly's web site:

Helicopter Exec 162F Brantly B2B
===================== ================= ==================
Max level Speed 115 mph 100 mph
Cruise Speed 95 mph 90 mph
Rate of Climb 1000 fpm 1400 fpm
Service Ceiling 10000 feet 6000 feet
Hover IGE 7000 feet 3525 feet
Hover OGE 5000 feet n/a
Useful Load Capacity* 423 lbs 414 lbs
Fuel Burn ** 8.5 gph 13.8 gph
Max Range 180 miles 200 miles
Fuel Capacity 17 gal 31 gal (30.6 usable)

* With Full Tank of AvGas
** Calculated ((Cruise_Speed X Fuel_Capacity) / Range)

So at least according to the specs, the Exec outperforms the B2B in
everything execpt Rate of Climb and Max Range. Given the fuel burn is
nearly double in the B2B, it looks like it has to struggle to stay in
the air despite having a more powerful engine than the Exec.

Comparing to the R22: The R22 outperforms both with the exception of
max carrying load.

Dennis H.

ojunkm (Stevenatherton) wrote:

sorry denis ive flown a brantly its got the same power as a hiller / enstrom a
model or about twice the power of a rotorway no problems at all to keep the
rotor in the green
if a rororway can fly a brantly certainly can

steve

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video:
http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm