Old December 6th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default Renter's Insurance?

"Peter R." wrote in
:

On 12/5/2007 5:50:21 PM, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Dec 5, 1:09 pm, "Peter R." wrote:
On 12/5/2007 3:56:26 PM, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Or your buddy is right depending on the FBO. Several of the FBO's
around here have all pilots an open named so the insurance company
is obligated to defend them against any legal action.

So, are you saying that the FBO's insurance policy in these cases will
protect the pilot or pilot's estate from a $1 mil lawsuit brought
against him by the families of the children on that school bus who
were killed when the aircraft struck the bus? (for some reason this
was always the example given to me by my mentor instructor)

Yes.

Impressive. Those are some caring FBOs.

The ones around these parts only protect themselves and the aircraft
leaseback owners.

I have also heard of FBOs that have a no-subrogation clause. But even in
that case you would probably want your own coverage in case you were named
in a suit. As pilot, you would surely be blamed...