Old February 1st 04, 01:41 AM
Brett

"Spiv" wrote:
"Brett" wrote in message
"Spiv" wrote:

I advise you to look into the Brabazon
project instead of babbling balls. It was

the forerunner of "every" modern
airliner

Strange most "modern airliners" look like they are direct descendants of

the
Dash 80, two to four podded engines located on the wing.

Read what I wrote about the Brabazon 1

Why should I bother to read your account elsewhere - your previous ravings
in this thread and a couple of others already indicate you don't know
anything about the subject.

and too far ahead of its time, being too big.

"far ahead", the truth is the design was obsolete before the first metal

was
cut. As for being too big, that would be a claim that could be made

about
the XC-99 and be valid.

Brabazon was a project of three.

It appears you don't even know the basic history of what the Brabazon
committee proposed, but in this instance your comment was directly related
to the waste of effort in Bristol in the immediate post war years.

Two were made, one never.

Try again head, of mush.

For the time
not bad at all. 50% of the money spend on Brabazon 1 was infrastructure.

Build a massive infrastructure, and then rarely bother to use it.

The equipment and the large hangar were used by Concorde.

Damn I wonder why Concorde required all that new equipment, testing
procedures..... if it already existed, and had been sitting around for all
those years just waiting for Concorde.

Brabazon was
pioneering and set the pattern for all others in most ways.

He wasn't and the committees view of the post war world was very different
from what actually occurred.