Old August 15th 12, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Ventus 3?

It is clear that the Ventus 2 is no longer a competitive 18 meter glider. Otherwise, one or two of their pilots would be in the top 10.

In Reno (SSA Convention) this year we were egging on Tilo and Maughmer with deposit checks for the V3 trying to get them to comment on this rumor. They had big &^%% eating grins on their faces... Unfortunately, no checks were accepted.

Personally, I think a V3 is likely to be well into its design process and on its way. I'm sure it pains them to see that they are no longer competitive in 18m at a World Championship level. The timing for a new 18m design would be ideal. Otherwise, it appears, that the ASG-29 factory will remain very busy. JS-1 is a great glider as well no doubt, but results are results. I do really like the idea of 18m/Open glider such as the JS-1c. 18m glider paired with a record breaker. 15/18 is a bit boring to me.

It will be very exciting to see what happens...

Sean
F2

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:18:18 AM UTC-4, Peter F wrote:
As it's raining here in the UK, I've been following the results from

Uvalde.

There's a fair mix of types in 15m & Open Class, but the Ventus 2 is absent

from the top half of the results in 18m.

The Ventus is the oldest of Schempp's current fleet, so any rumours of a

Ventus 3 on the horizon?

PF