Old July 9th 03, 07:31 PM
Ron Rapp

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:04:24 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

I believe Denny is perceiving this:

The only reason many Lightspeed owners have NOT had repeated problems with
broken wires at the plug is because they specifically lay the battery box on
the floor, or tuck it in a side pocket. This removes the weight of the
battery box from the inadequately designed wire and plug assembly, and keeps
the wires from breaking.

That can't be true in my case, at least. My battery box is plugged
into the middle of the panel (left of the turn coordinator) and the
battery box hangs down from there. The box's weight causes the cord
to bend 90 degrees right after it comes out of the plug. That has got
to be about as high stress as you can get on the cord. Why I have had
no problems is a mystery to me. The only thing I can thing of is that
I leave the headset in the plane most of the time rather than plugging
it in and removing it again. That probably reduces the strain on the
cord.

--Ron