Old May 28th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Clean up news group

"enewbold" wrote in message
G'morning, Stu.

The darned fuel prices are KILLING me and my training operation.
Right now I have an RAF 2000, a Sparrowhawk-II, and am rebuilding an
old TwinStarr.

The RAF sports a Subaru EJ-22 130hp engine, the Sparrowhawk an EJ-25
Subaru 160hp engine, and the TwinStarr mounts a good old Lycoming
O-320.

BTW, Is your magazine still being published? I used to be a
subscriber and somehow forgot to renew a year or so ago (dnag it).

See ya later,
Ed

Ed: Yep still in the magazine business and the subscriber base is growing.
We've had some interesting articles and have some good ones lined out in the
future. 1. Tuned exhaust for the Safari's 0320, 2. Vibration frequency
measurements as a maintenance aid. More on the Helicycles and Mosquitos and
hopefully one on the Hummingbird with the turbine conversion. Also I plan
on getting one done on Spurling's C18 conversion on the Rotorway.
There seems to be no end to discussable issues surrounding helicopters. You
might want to get on our website and take a look at the listing of table of
contents of the back issues.
Fuel costs....Yep I will be starting to use Supreme MoGas. 100LL is about
$6.00/gal. which equates to $42/hr fuel costs.

Stu