Old July 15th 03, 11:34 PM
paul k. sanchez

Can anyone recommend insurance companies or brokers that will work with low
time pilots interested in insuring hi-perf/complex airplanes? I've talked to
AOPA and Avemco, and coverage is available, so now I'm just comparison
shopping.

Scary how many aviation insurance brokers turned up by a Google groups search

(recommended right here!) have had their phones disconnected...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Ben:
The underwriters/brokers who cover low time pilots in high-performance/complex
aircraft are the very ones who will require completion of an approved
qualification course, and recurrency every 6 months to 12 months after that.

If you do not have an instrument rating and wish to use an aircraft with a hull
value of $400k than I don't think the underwriters/brokers will even return
your phone call.

Mona Rathmel ) is one of the directors of the
Malibu/Mirage Owner Pilots Association. Her company Aero-One is a broker for
various underwriters and she will be quite pragmatic in explaining what will be
available to you with you as single pilot or with designated instructor. Her
phone is:

800-969-1902

Phone 972-980-0800

FAX 972-980-4090