Old February 22nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

On 2006-02-21, Jay Honeck wrote:

Whoops -- forgot one more thing: Soft field capability. I know several
Comanche owners who won't fly into Amana's grass strip,

So? I know C172 owners who won't fly into a grass strip. It's not
an airplane limitation! If there's any restriction to flying a PA24
into a grass strip it's that the plane is a bit unwieldy at the low
airspeeds you'd want for a max performance landing. Aileron gap seals
are reported to help that. The gear is strong and ground clearance is
good.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/