Old October 7th 17, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Does the FAI think its April 1st?

The whole idea of taking one single measurement of one single sailplane (representing type with production run of 300+), in this case done mostly in 70's technology, for handicap calculation is wrong. We have dacedes worth of first hand experience flying wingtip to wingtip with these glider types. No one in their right mind would say that gliders of similar class and generation have widely different handicaps, and gliders of newer generation would not have better performance. Now we have a list that has examples of both of these anomalies. That is pretty solid proof that something in the method is seriously wrong. The highest level of computer modelling includes use of common sense to estimate sanity of results. I hope these guys get there soon.