Old April 23rd 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default Standalone Flight Recorders for Club Use

We have been flying with the microRecorder for a few flights now and
have these comments;

1) The antenna needs a good clear view of the sky. I put the antenna
under my turtledeck in my fiberglass glider and found that I missed a
few GPS fixes during the flight. Nothing major and wouldn't have
invalidated the flight. No problems when I mounted the antenna to the
canopy. This problem did not occur on the Cambridge-302A version so I
can only imagine that the EW GPS receiver isn't quite as sensitive as
the Cambridge.

2) I was using the defaults for the configuration. After two flights
separated by 20-30 mins I found that there was only one log file
(which contained both flights). I am unsure if this could be a
problem for multiple flights with different pilots. Looking into this
I found that there was a 90 min auto-off timer. I reset this to 10
mins.

Otherwise the unit is working out well.

- John